1. What instrument/s do you teach?:
Piano and Voice
2. How old were you when you started playing/singing?:
My first singing performance was at 7 years old, and I began playing piano around 14 years old.
3. What’s the most rewarding thing about being a music teacher?:
Teaching music has been very rewarding because I get to introduce students to the musical world and help their passion grow. I love when students feel confident and enjoy working on pieces because it shows how hard work has paid off!
4. What’s the most challenging thing about being a music teacher?:
Every student is different and sometimes getting started on a completely new instrument with a new teacher can be challenging.
5. If you were not a musician, what other occupation would you have chosen?:
I have always loved writing and I have a second degree in English, so I probably would have gone into writing or journalism.
6. What is your favorite genre of music, and why?:
This is a really tough question because I truly love many different types of music from opera to hip-hop, hard rock and beyond! If I really had to choose I would probably just say rock in all forms because I love that there are so many different genres within that category and many talented singers and songwriters like The Beatles.
7. Your hobby:
I have a few hobbies including boxing, studying different languages and writing.
8. Favorite color:
9. Favorite food:
I love fajitas and queso.
10. Share one fun fact about yourself:
A fun fact would be that though I am quite small, I am a working opera singer! This is quite fun because I get to sing in different languages and sing lots of high notes. 🙂