1. What instrument/s do you teach?:
I teach piano and voice.
2. How old were you when you started playing?:
I started playing piano at 6 and starting taking classical voice lessons at 10.
3. What’s the most rewarding thing about being a music teacher?:
I love when students that have been having difficulty with a certain passage finally get it! I love those little “ah-hah” moments.
4. What’s the most challenging thing about being a music teacher?:
One of the most challenging things about teaching is when a student is unwilling to practice or put in the necessary effort to help themselves get better. Unfortunately, you can’t take a magic pill to instantly learn an instrument. It takes work!
5. If you were not a musician, what other occupation would you have chosen?:
If I didn’t teach I would be a research diver for National Geographic, or a diver at the Georgia Aquarium.
6. What is your favorite genre of music, and why?:
My favorite genre of music is Jazz. I love singing Jazz most of all- the emotion and freedom is so fun to listen to and create. Going to Jazz clubs and listening to the musicians create music together, most times on the spot is so cool!
7. Your hobby:
Hiking with my husband and my dog, Juno!
8. Favorite color:
9. Favorite food:
10. Share one fun fact about yourself:
I teach piano and voice, but I also play guitar and ukulele!