1. What instrument/s do you teach?:
I teach piano performance.
2. How old were you when you started playing?:
I started to play by ear at age one and started lessons at age four.
3. What’s the most rewarding thing about being a music teacher?:
It is the most rewarding for me when I witness a student develop genuine love for music through his/her lessons.
4. What’s the most challenging thing about being a music teacher?:
Helping students prepare for last-minute auditions and performances can be very challenging and stressful.
5. If you were not a musician, what other occupation would you have chosen?:
Perhaps I would have pursued visual arts. I loved to draw when I was little.
6. What is your favorite genre of music, and why?:
My favorite genre of music is Classical. I grew up listening to and playing classical piano music. It does not have lyrics, therefore it allows for greater freedom of interpretation.
7. Your hobby:
I like to cook.
8. Favorite color:
My favorite colors are yellow and green at the moment.
9. Favorite food:
Too many to list.
10. Share one fun fact about yourself:
I have a Norwegian Dwarf Bunny named “Esther” and she does not eat any vegetables!