1. What instrument/s do you teach?:
I teach guitar, bass as well as some vocals. I also teach the craft of songwriting.
2. How old were you when you started playing?:
I was 11 years old when I first started playing guitar.
3. What’s the most rewarding thing about being a music teacher?:
The most rewarding thing about being a music teacher is demonstrating how music can be a direct route to the soul.
4. What’s the most challenging thing about being a music teacher?:
Getting students familiar with certain bands/artists that are icons to their period in music. Students tend to learn a lot faster when they already know about bands such as Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Prince, Stevie Wonder etc.
5. If you were not a musician, what other occupation would you have chosen?:
I would love to be a pilot.
6. What is your favorite genre of music, and why?:
My favorite style of music is late 60s/early 70s rock music. It is my favorite genre because of the studio innovations that were taking place as well as the “guitar heroes” that were making
7. Your hobby:
Outside of music, my hobbies are fishing, tennis, golf, reading, and watching football.
8. Favorite color:
9. Favorite food:
10. Share one fun fact about yourself:
I am a graduate of the University of Georgia. Go dawgs!!